browsing problem

mfrattola at enjoy.it mfrattola at enjoy.it
Fri Jan 29 12:15:16 GMT 1999

hello,
i'm still using an old samba 1.9.17p4 (it still fits our needs :)
but i have a strange problems with only one machine.
on my lan, all servers are linux machines using samba. they all show
up in the browse list (both on win95/3.11 machine and samba servers)
but one doesn't. this machine can be reached, using smbclient or
filemanager, but there's no way it is browsable. configuration, FWIW,
is the same on all machine. i've grepped wins.dat, and this machine is
in, but not in browse.dat. whatàs wrong with it?

all machines use the same wins server/master browser ..
i've read Mr. Blair's book, the browsing.txt doc, but to no avail ..
please, help

this is the relevant line in its smb.conf:

; browsing
   workgroup = xxx
   server string = %h server
   local master = no
   os level = 30
;   domain master = no
;   preferred master = no
   wins support = no
   wins server = a.b.c.d
   status = yes

--
Marco Frattola
Piacenza             "MY office is not a Microsoft Trademark!"
mfrattola at enjoy.it