Samba 2.0 : Installation on Unisys SMP6400

TYTGAT Francis ftytgat at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jan 28 15:24:00 GMT 1999

Hello,

We have a server Unix Unisys SMP6400 connected with 60 PC Win95.
Samba 1.9.17 installed since Nov 97 is working fine.

Now I wish for install Samba 2.0, but the shell "configure" don't
recognize our System.
I get the following message :

# ./configure
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... cc
checking whether the C compiler (cc -O ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (cc -O ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... no
checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for mawk... no
checking for gawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking whether cc understands -c and -o together... no
checking that the C compiler understands volatile... yes
checking host system type... configure: error: can not guess host type;
you must
 specify one
#

# configure svr4
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... cc
checking whether the C compiler (cc -O ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (cc -O ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... no
checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for mawk... no
checking for gawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking whether cc understands -c and -o together... no
checking that the C compiler understands volatile... yes
checking host system type... Invalid configuration `svr4': machine
`svr4' not re
cognized

checking target system type... Invalid configuration `svr4': machine
`svr4' not
recognized

checking build system type... Invalid configuration `svr4': machine
`svr4' not r
ecognized

checking config.cache system type... same
checking for autoconf... autoconf
checking for autoheader... autoheader
checking for inline... no
checking how to run the C preprocessor... cc -E

System Configuration :

Manufactory : Unisys
Model       : SMP6400
Processor   : Pentium Pro  (2x)