SWAT Authentication Error

Kirk Patton kirk.patton at amd.com
Sat Jan 23 23:13:24 GMT 1999

Hello,

I have installed the just released 2.0.0 of Samba on my home Red Hat 5.0 box.

I wanted to give swat a spin, so I followed the instructions in the swat man page
and edited my inetd.conf and services file accordingly.  After sending the kill
-HUP to inetd, I pointed my browser to http://localhost:901/.  I next received the
prompt to authenticate myself.  I enter the correct root/password
combination, and was promptly denied access to swat.

I am able to run it if I use the -a switch.

How do I get SWAT to recognize a valid account?  Is there something
special I need to add to my smb.conf file?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kirk

--