NT4 cannot login

Veres Ferenc lion at altgeod.agt.bme.hu
Thu Jan 21 07:18:26 GMT 1999

Hi there,

I have win98 and NT clients for our Sambe server (running on Linux,
not the 2.0 smb version but the older). The win98 works fine since I
have added EnablePlainTextPassword to the registry information.
WinNT still cannot log in, it says "incorrect name or password" (after
applying that registry change!).
If I don't set up that registry setting (EnablePlainTextPassword, by
running the NT4_Passwords.reg file) I get "this user is not allowed
to log in from this station" or something like this. So that I cannot
use the NT clients at all. If you have any idea, please help me.
Thanks in advance.

Ferenc Veres
Technical University of Budapest
Department of Surveying