Help with AIX 4.1.5 problem - Samba 2.0 and 1.9.18

Eric L. Sammons esammons at geocities.com
Mon Jan 18 13:44:12 GMT 1999

Can anyone help with the following problem I am having on AIX 4.1.5.

First I compile the code and all compiles with out error or warning then
I begin to execute smbstatus, of course I have
my smb.conf file.  I get an error regarding "Can't read
/var/locks/STATUS..LCK".  After which I touch that file and then I
run smbstatus again and I get the following error:

# smbstatus
doing parameter max log size = 1000
doing parameter lock directory = /var/locks
Processing section "[homes]"
doing parameter browseable = yes
doing parameter guest ok = no
doing parameter read only = no
doing parameter create mask = 0755
doing parameter path = %H
doing parameter preserve case = yes
doing parameter short preserve case = yes
pm_process() returned Yes

Samba version 2.0.0
Service      uid      gid      pid     machine

Trying sysv shmem open of size 1048576
ERROR: Failed to initialise share modes!
Can't initialise shared memory - exiting

Any ideas, I am not an AIX geek but I am wondering is there a way to
manage the size of shmem open per process or
per user?

Thanks!
Eric Sammons