smb.conf information request

Luca Arzeni l.arzeni at pride.it
Thu Jan 7 17:52:44 GMT 1999

Hi there,

ENVIRONMENT: server: HP-UX11.0, clients: WinNT 4.0 SP3 or SP4

I'm trying to install SAMBA on our HP-UX server. I have many PC acting as
clients and I would like to share their home dirs on the server. I would
like to allow to each guy to have Read/Write access in his home dir, and
Read only in other guys' home dirs. I've tried modifying the default
smb.conf files, but there are troubles: if I try to share a dir, all guys
can write on all dirs, otherwise no one is able to write in no dir. Also, it
seems that if a guy logs into server with a username, he can't connect
another dir using another username (You know, NT ask the name to be used for
a connection).

Is there anyone who has a simple file that I can modify for my purposes?

Yours faithfully, Luca Arzeni

Ing. Luca Arzeni
Pride S.P.A.
Via Cechov 48/50