Large uptime

Hall, Ken (ECCS) KeHall at exchange.ml.com
Tue Feb 23 16:40:22 GMT 1999

I have Linux and Netware servers that have run well over 6 months at a time
with no problems.  Not only don't they have ECC, I don't even think the
SIMMS have parity!

I also have a customer with an SCO OpenServer system (with Samba) that ran
continuously for about 8 months, and a few years back, I had an IX/386
system that ran on an old 386 supposedly for a year and a half without a
reboot.

When they finally DID shut it off to move it, the 5-1/4 ESDI hard drive
seized and we had to wait till it cooled down before we could start it up
again.  After letting it cool down and cleaning out the dust, it came right
up.  They only used it for a few weeks after that so we didn't get a chance
to try to break the record.