smbmount not working

Crilly, Jim JCrilly at msa.com
Wed Feb 17 03:42:48 GMT 1999

I was having a problem of smbmount complaining it needed mount version 6,
this I figured out was an old version of smbmount with samba 2.0.2, anyway I
got that part fixed only to find another. The smbmount that I compiled with
Samba 2.0.2 doesn't want to ask me for a passwd, this means the mount always
fails with ERRnoaccess. This is a sample output of what happens:

/*stdout snip
smbmount //NTServer/NTShare -U administrator -c mynbtname
Added interface ip=xxx.xx.xxx.xxx bcast=xxx.xx.xxx.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
Server time is Tue Feb 16 22:32:00 1999
Timezone is UTC-5.0
Session setup failed for username=administrator myname=mynbtname
destname=NTServer ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)
*/stdout snip

On a side note, is there going to be support for samba to register with
multiple WINS servers in any future releases, because right now only 1 WINS
on our network knows about the samba box(maybe our WINS is broke, I don't
know, I don't run it.)

Thanks for your time,
	Jim Crilly