A configuration problem

Rich_Jones at wmg.com Rich_Jones at wmg.com
Thu Feb 4 14:16:40 GMT 1999

Hi,

	You can also get a little freeware app called   WinVI32

	It works great with Unix text files (LF Only - thats what the squares
are in Notepad) and DOS text files (CR/LF delimited files).  It also has a
descent inline hex editor (at the click of a button) which works for quick
viewing EXE files, or other files that all regular editors can't view, or
just to see the layout of the text file.  I've used the hex editor to
recover broken Word97 files - which means copy n pasting most of the text I
can find.  But it's better than saying.. hey cant recover your document...
now Excel is another monster..

Regards,

Richard Jones
NOS Administrator
WEA Mfg
Olyphant, PA 18448
(717)383-3291 ext 2381	Fax: (717)383-6837
-------------
Original Text
From: "Humberto Rueda" <hruedari at hotmail.com>, on 02/03/99 4:43 PM:
I have Solaris 2.5.1, and w95, w98 clients. All the ascii
files residing in the solaris file system, even if it was
created with vi, appears in Windows editor Notepad with a
square in the end-of-line.

If the files was open with better processors like wordpad, etc
the file look ok, but the old DOS application that need to process
this file, hangs when read it.

The temporary solution for this was: open the file with DOS edit, then
save with the same name and process again, but I would like a permanent
solution for this.

Thanks,
Humberto Rueda