cp --recursive

Nicholas Tang ntang at rga.com
Wed Dec 29 17:47:32 GMT 1999

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999, Travis Low wrote:

> Do you have directories named "*.mdb" ?  If not, then the cp is working
> correctly.  Sounds like you want something more like:
>
>   find /mnt/tmp -name '*.mdb' -exec cp {} /home

Won't that will copy all of the files directly into /home?  I got the
impression that's not what he wants.

I'd just tar and untar the files from location to location.

Maybe something like this:

cd /home
tar -cplf - `find /tmp/mnt -name *.mdb -print` | tar -xf -

(I'll freely admit my tar'ing skills are limited at best so that might not
work, but you get the idea.)

Nicholas

Nicholas Tang     Senior System Administrator     R/GA Digital Studios
ntang at rga.com       (212) 946-4224 (voice)        (212) 946-4010 (fax)