Switching user share on NT and smbd spawning

Subba Rao subb3 at attglobal.net
Wed Dec 29 11:07:36 GMT 1999

Is there anyway to logon to a different user's share, while still remaining
in the same NT user account? When I try to logon to another share (root's share),
the message box I get back is "Invalid handle".

Currently, the only solution seems to be stopping and restarting smbd and nmbd.

One other strange thing, is that there are 2 instances of smbd running. What causes
spawning of smbd?

Subba Rao
subb3 at attglobal.net
http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/

 => Time is relative. Here is a new way to look at time. <=
http://www.smcinnovations.com