Copying problems... Session

Carlo Contavalli plapoci at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 15 16:26:43 GMT 1999

Hi! I just installed a copy of Samba 2.05a on a Debian machine.
Everything seems to work fine: the Nt clients see the server, I
can access my home directory...
When I tryed to copy one file from one client to the server,
everything worked but the file on the server had nothing to do
with the original file on the client :-!
I mean: original file from the client --> copyed to the server -->
compared original file with file on the server --> A lot of differences!!!
And I believe this is something that shouldn't happen.
Any Idea of where I could made my (probably) big mistake?

Another thing: i tryied several times and i think it's related to the
file size and probably to some TCP parameters. I mean, i can copy little
file (about less than 20 kb), and everything work as it should.
Wiih file from 20 Kb to about 500 Kb the file is copied but the two
copyes are different. With file of about 1Mb of size the client return
the error "Cannot copy filename: the session was cancelled" :-(.

Thanks, Bye!!!