Temporary file grief

Mike Brodbelt m.brodbelt at acu.ac.uk
Fri Dec 10 15:58:06 GMT 1999

Hi,

I'm running Samba 2.0.6 here as our main file server. Authentication is
done against an NT PDC, and Samba is also responsible for printing.

I'm getting some odd files created which aren't being deleted. They are
all zero byte files, named after a network interface, so I assume they
may be temporary files which are not being deleted. Here's a list of a
few

# find /usr/local/filestore/ -name \*: -print
./CLIENTS/CURRENT/COLLR/Ne02:
./CLIENTS/CURRENT/SLDD/surveys/Ne02:
./PRODUCTN/MISC-TXT/Ne01:
./PRODUCTN/MISC-TXT/Ne00:
./SCHEMES/CUSAC/EXECMTGS/Ne03:

Does anyone know what's creating these, and how I can prevent them from
cropping up?

TIA,

Mike.