Can UNIX logins be authenticated on the NT domain using Samba?

Adams, Mike mikea at ebay.com
Tue Aug 31 19:46:48 GMT 1999

All,

Please forgive me if this has come through multiple times, but I'm getting
no responses so I'm assuming my email is not making it through.

I'm new to Samba and was wondering if Samba would enable a UNIX user id to
be
authenticated using a NT Domain password?  In other words,  I'd like to have
the NT domain control the passwords for the UNIX logins.  If a user changes
their password on
NT, I'd like the user's UNIX login password to reflect the change
automatically.  Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Mike Adams
eBay, Inc.