SWAT cant start or restart smbd

Allan Nelson ALNelson at eprod.com
Thu Aug 26 18:02:42 GMT 1999

I have recently installed samba 2.0.5a on HPUX 11.0 (32 bit version)  I can
use swat to start and restart nmbd.  I can also start smbd from swat but the
status page always shows it not running.  When I tell swat to restart smbd
it does not restart the process and still reports smbd as not running.  The
.pid files are in /usr/local/samba/var/lock and always appear to have the
correct pids.  Samba works so the daemons are working once they are started
and this is really not a huge issue but I was wondering if anyone else had
seen it.

Thanks
Allan