printing problems

Andy Worthington christopherandrew at ou.edu
Wed Aug 25 19:49:29 GMT 1999

I was searching through the list archives for a solution to this problem but couldn't find one.  All I could find was other people asking the same thing.  How do I solve this error:

There was a problem printing to the printer due to an unknown system error.

Restart Windows, and then try printing again.

This printer will be set to work off-line.

To save your print job in the local printer queue, click OK.

OK Cancel

Here is my smb.conf

# Global parameters
[global]
workgroup = OIS
netbios name = SERVER2
encrypt passwords = Yes
restrict anonymous = Yes
log level = 4
max log size = 0
domain logons = Yes
os level = 65
preferred master = Yes
domain master = Yes
wins support = Yes
valid users = aworthin, dbrown, kbrown

[homes]
 read only = No
browseable = No

[netlogon]
path =
/usr/local/server2/samba/netlogon

[smbdocs]
path = /usr/local/server2/src/samba-2.0.5a/docs

[staff]
path = /home/staff
read only = No

[files]