Apologies for the Dupe post

Jon Earle jearle at hubcc.ca
Wed Aug 25 04:31:22 GMT 1999

It seems that two copies of my note were posted to the list - my apologies
for the mistake.

It seems I must also apologize for a second dumb thing.  My post was based
on a report I received, and was slightly in error.  Please ignore the
message entitled 'Samba / NT / Win98 and Browsing'.  This should teach me
to jump the gun.

The problem is in fact, already well know it seems - the familiar 'Network
is busy' error.  The NT box can see the SCO servers just fine, but Win9x
clients receive the error.  The client is running the precompiled samba
2.0.3 on SCO 5.  I noticed (from the archives) that this may be related to
naming issues, I thought everything was fine (it's a fairly vanilla
share-level security config), but will check that point at the first
opportunity.

My thanks for your patience.

Jon
---
Jon Earle, MCP			HUB Computer Consulting Inc.
Senior Technical Architect		http://www.hubcc.ca
mailto:jearle at hubcc.ca		(613)830-1499  Fax: (613)830-9478

Windows NT/95/98, Unix, VMS, OS/2
Network, System and Application Integration
Oracle, dBASE, Paradox, Access