question

breca x0ccran at vm.stlawu.edu
Sun Aug 22 17:22:55 GMT 1999

i've set samba up on a redhat linux machine on my personal network with
an IP-Address of 192.168.32.1
there are two win98 client machines on my network with the addresses
192.168.32.2 and 192.168.32.3. the two machines have the exact same
tcp/ip configurations. i can log onto the samba server from the first
98box, but not the second. i can logon with any user name from the first
98box, but i can't log on with any user names from the second 98box. if
i switch the ip addresses i still can't logon from the second box and i
can logon from the first. teh smb.conf file has a hosts allow entry that
allows all host on the 192.168.32. subnet to logon to the box.
all the machines can see one another, but i can't logon with the second
98box.

any ideas what else could be wrong?

breca