Samba 2.0.0 on Solaria 5.6 on sun4u sparc Ultra-1

Stella Stepanian ss at adintk.com
Fri Aug 20 19:55:36 GMT 1999

To SAMBA experts:

I have SAMBA 1.9.16p11 running on sun-os 4.1.4 and HP
9.03. For sun-os and HP I had to enable the plain text
password in WinNT 4.0.  I have no problem with the HP and
the SUN-os.  Now I want to upgrade the SAMBA to 2.0.0 (if
this is the right version).  I have installed the SAMBA
2.0.0 on a sun running Solaris 5.6.  I am having problem
with SAMBA.  From WinNT when it asks to enter the user name
and the password and I enter the info, it returns with the
enter network password dialog box and a message "Incorrect
passwd or unknown username"

I am using the same smb.conf file for 2.0.0 as as 1.9.16p11.
Should I download version 2.0.4?

Can someone help me with this?

Thank you very mauch
Stella Stepanian