SAMBA HA

Derek Fisher derek.fisher at epi.epson.com
Fri Aug 13 20:40:42 GMT 1999

Ben,

  I am building a high-availability Samba server for our entire company.  There is
nothing built-in to Samba that I have seen, so I am writing an agent for Veritas
Cluster Server.  If you're on Solaris, VCS is really nice, though it isn't cheap
(about $14k per node).  Veritas is also coming out with a product called File
Server Edition, that integrates Samba with their FileSystem product, so they will
probably be writing an agent for it.  If you're on Linux, I'm not sure what HA
products are available yet.  I'm sure SGI will be porting some of theirs in due
time.

Regards,

Derek Fisher
UNIX Administrator