seeing the samba server in Network Neighborhood

Andy Malato andy at agoron.com
Thu Aug 5 20:22:28 GMT 1999

Hello,

I am very new to samba and am running version 1.9.17p2 on BSDI 3.1.  I can
see all of my windows machines from the UNIX box, but I cannot see the UNIX
box from any of the windows machines.  I am running a mixture of NT 4.0
server machines and windows 98.  The UNIX box does not appear in Network
Neighborhood on any of the machines, nor does is show when I issue a net
view.  Am I doing something wrong?

This is my smb.conf file:

   hosts allow = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/yy 127
   printing = bsd
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = yes
   guest account = pcguest
   workgroup = agoron
   security = share
   domain master = yes
   domain logons = yes
   smb passwd file=/etc/smbpa

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = yes
   read only = no
   create mode = 0750

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   browseable = no
   printable = yes
   public = yes
   writable = no
   create mode = 0700

[tao]
comment = UNIX BOX
path = /
'valid users = andy
public = yes
writable = yes
printable = no

  [tmp]
   comment = Temporary file space
   path = /tmp
   read only = yes
   public = yes

If anyone can tell me what I might possibly be doing wrong, I would greatly
appreciate it.  Thanks in advance,

		---Andy