SAMBA digest 2071

Sigmund Skjelnes sskjelln at online.no
Thu Apr 29 21:56:53 GMT 1999

Hi, folks!
To turn off the NT banner page, go to printer properties folder <<general>>
and click the button <<banner>>/<<separator page>> or whatever, and remove
what is in the textbox. Did'nt care to test this, I had to log on as
administrator, hope it works anyway.

BTW, I have an OKI Okipage laser printer, which is intended to run on
Windows only, it's connected to an NT 4.0 workstation pc. In addition I has
an Linux box on a network with the NT. I installed some <<TCP/IP printer
server>> on the NT, network/services, installed lpd on the Linux box,
configured it as remote printer, and lpd printed on the laser! The reason
is that TCP/IP printer server uses windows drivers, shared on SMB (read
Netbios) does not.. I'd has to adjust the margins however, it cuts some
characters..

Don't drink and compute! Well it isn't risky at all, but the result is
often funny...  :)
Sigmund