Samba 2.0.3

Herb Lewis herb at chomps.engr.sgi.com
Thu Apr 29 17:01:14 GMT 1999

What is your security= setting in smb.conf? The default changed in
2.0.0 to security=user. If you did not have this set in your smb.conf
in 1.9.18 it defaulted to security=share.

Johan Roos wrote:

> Did you get any answers to this?
> Or did you solve it. I have the same problem.
>
> /Roos
>
> On 28-Apr-99 Matthew Harrell wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >         I am unable to log into samba anymore since I upgraded to 2.0.3.
> > I've
> > attached my smb.conf below and I've even gone to trying the CVS releases to
> > see if one of them will help.
> >
> > First of all, I get soemthing like
> >   {33}: smbclient -L vilnius -U mharrell
> >   Added interface ip=207.97.105.146 bcast=207.97.105.255
> > nmask=255.255.255.128
> >   Password:
> >   session setup failed: ERRSRV - ERRbadpw (Bad password - name/password pair
> > in
> >    a Tree Connect or Session Setup are invalid.)
> >
> > I've tried it with encrypted and unencrypted passwords.  What's changed?
> > This
> > is the same file that used to work with older versions of Samba.
> >
> > I've attached the samba log below if anyone can explain what happens.  Please
> > help.  This is driving me crazy.
> >
> > --
> >   Matthew Harrell                          Preserve wildlife --
> >   Simulation Technology Division, SAIC      pickle a squirrel today!
> >   mharrell at sito.saic.com

> Mail: Johan Roos <roos at byggdok.se> | Phone: +46(0)708953197, +46(0)86177456

Herb Lewis                                   Silicon Graphics
Technical Marketing                          2011 N Shoreline Blvd
Network Systems Division                     Mountain View, CA  94043
herb at sgi.com                                 Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                           Fax: 650-932-2177