File Shares

Rich_Jones at wmg.com Rich_Jones at wmg.com
Mon Apr 26 19:36:49 GMT 1999

Hi,

I've been trying to implement a file system that will have a Supervisor and
User access.  I had no problem setting up the User access which is
Read-Only.  I need to setup restricted access to a few people.

I remember seeing a line using  root preexec and root postexec to add users
on the fly.  Is this a good idea?  Or is it better to synch up the samba
database with NT?

I currently use security = server, pointing to the NT PDC for
authentication.

Would it be best to setup the password dump util to synch userlists?

Any tips would be very helpful.  Also, any tips on setting up network
printers via Samba.  I have noticing some odd results - where a printer
would only print most of the time.  I would see the print jobs laying
around in the /tmp directory.

Regards,

Richard Jones
NOS Administrator
WEA Mfg.
Olyphant, PA 18448
(570)383-3291 ext. 2381	Fax: (570)383-6837