Problems for samba server appearing in browser list

Christopher Read read.cc at bgep.co.uk
Wed Apr 21 14:04:26 GMT 1999

Hi,

I've set up samba 2.0.2 on a sun e 3500 to export a drive.
I have no problem mapping the drive to NT 4.0 if I use the
ipaddress or the \\machine_name\drive method. However it will
not appear in the browse list of available machines in the
relevant domain. As you may have guessed I know nothing about
NT.

The NT domain I want it to be part of is called BGIC which is
what I presume you put in as the samba workgroup name?? I 've
also declared the relevant domain controller machine - is
there anything else I need to do?

Many thanks for your attention

Regards

Chris Read