prob: no authority to log on from this station

Anthony Ord samba at rollingthunder.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 18 17:10:15 GMT 1998

Did you add the Plain-Text passwords registry hack after adding
service pack 3? It's in the documentation directory.

Regards

Anthony

On Thu, 17 Sep 1998 02:23:22 +1000, Casper Larsen
<qwwwizx at fermi.ruc.dk> wrote:

>About 3 month ago, I installed samba on a university linux box. I edited
>the smb.conf so that filesharing worked for me from a Windows NT 4
>workstation. The problem is that it doesnt work anymore, maybe because of
>service pack 3? I dont know.
>
>I get this messages when I try to access my home-directory from the NT
>workstation:
>
>translated from danish, offcourse:
>
>"no authority to log on from this station"
>
>Samba version 1.9.18p4
>
>Here is my smb.conf:
>
>[global]
>   workgroup = basis
>   server string = fermi
>   sercurity = USER
>
>[rbecue]
>   comment = Home Directories
>   browseable = yes
>   read only = no
>   create mode = 0770
>   path = /home/rbecue
>   public = no
>
>[ftp]
>   comment = Ftp service
>   browseable = yes
>   path = /var/web/ftpspace
>   read only = yes
>   public = yes
>   writable=no
>   write list = @dkscene @staff
>
>   log file = /usr/local/samba/log.%m
>

>[qwwwizx]
>   comment = Home Directories
>   browseable = yes
>   read only = no
>   create mode = 0771
>   path = /home/qwwwizx
>   public = no
>   lock directory = /usr/local/samba/var/locks
>
>If there is someone who have had the same problem, or just know it, I
>would like to know what to do about it.
>
>Furthermore: I use Novell Zen NDS client for Windows NT. Thank you.

>Casper Larsen
>Universitetsparken 1, E23
>4000 Roskilde
>Tlf. 21908642

|'IE brings the web to Unix... isn't that like Ronald McDonald|
|             brings religion to the Pope?' - Seen on Usenet  |
|If I want SPAM|  I post so rarely, complaining about my .sig |
|I'd buy a tin |  will consume more bandwidth than *it* does. |