new user question

Joe Wronkowski jwronkowski at cypress-tech.net
Sun Sep 13 19:01:46 GMT 1998

Hi all,
I have installed samba on both BSDI 3.1 and Linux.  I have been having
trouble compiling on linux so I got a binary form and installed it.  So far
all seems to work except the password keeps getting rejected when trying to
map a drive.  It is happening in both the linux version and BSDI.  I am
loging into windows with the same user/pass as my unix account and am
trying to map a drive it sees the network but when I put the password in it
spits it back to me.

also below is a copy of the error I am getting when trying to compile in
linux 2.0.34
Compiling chgpasswd.c
Compiling password.c
Compiling quotas.c
Compiling uid.c
Compiling predict.c
Compiling credentials.c
Compiling clientgen.c
Compiling pipes.c
Compiling server.c
Compiling access.c
Compiling ufc.c
Compiling smbpass.c
cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 6
make: *** [smbpass.o] Error 1
quake2:/usr/src/samba-1.9.18p10/source#

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks