Problem compiling tcpdump-smb on Linux

Biswajit Sain sain at wipinfo.soft.net
Sat Sep 5 11:15:42 GMT 1998

I have downloaded tcpdump-3.2.1 for SMB, and have successfully run
"configure" on it. "make" complains about missing netinet.h and other
header files, which I got from tcpdump-3.0.2-linux/linux-include/
directory and inserted in tcpdump-3.2.1 source directory. After that,
"make" complains the following:

print-ether.c: In function `ether_print':
print-ether.c:64: incompatible type for argument 1 of `etheraddr_string'
print-ether.c:65: incompatible type for argument 1 of `etheraddr_string'
print-ether.c:69: incompatible type for argument 1 of `etheraddr_string'
print-ether.c:70: incompatible type for argument 1 of `etheraddr_string'
print-ether.c: In function `ether_if_print':
print-ether.c:121: incompatible type for argument 4 of `llc_print'
print-ether.c:121: incompatible type for argument 5 of `llc_print'
make: *** [print-ether.o] Error 1

Linux version is 2.0.33 quite old, but reliably stable).
gcc: 2.7.0
libc: 5.0.9

Any pointers to a better tcpdump source which has SMB support, or any
solution to the problem would be much appreciated.

-Regards,
-Sain
PS. Reply to the e-mail address is preferable, as I do not have regular
access to newsgroups.