Anyone resolved "failed to lock SMB passwd file"? (PR#10819)

Jeremy Allison jallison at cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Thu Oct 29 17:39:57 GMT 1998

Fulvio.Corno at polito.it wrote:

> I found the (possible) source of the error, in smbpass.c line 620+
>
> If no entry is found, the procedure returns without releasing the lock.
> I modified the last statement as:
>
>         if (!found_entry)                 /* line 707 */
>         {
>                 fclose(fp);
>                 pw_file_unlock(lockfd);
>                 return False;
>         }

Fulvio & Robert,

	Thanks for that and sorry for the delay in responding.
It was a known bug in 1.9.18p10 that was fixed in the Samba2.0
code stream that all development is going on within.

We're frantically trying to get Samba2.0 "born" and shipped
and so the email response from the developers is a bit erratic
at the moment, sorry.

Cheers,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.