win98 vs win95 with TCP/IP

Sbragion Denis infotecn at tin.it
Mon Oct 12 06:40:56 GMT 1998

Hello,

>I have been disappointed that I can't use Linux+Samba as an
>alternative to a Win9x or NT server for our GP medical practice.
>Is it possible that Win98 does TCP/IP properly and might be faster
>than win95 as a tcp/ip workstation client??

im my experience Win98 isn't any faster than Win95 and sometimes is even
slower. Also in my experience correctly configured Samba Servers working
with Win95/98 aren't any slower than NT Servers as long as TCP/IP is used.
Samba is only a little slower than Novell.

Hope it helps.

	Dr. Sbragion Denis
	InfoTecna
	Tel, Fax: +39 039 2324054