Samba with MSVisual C++

Andrew J Miles mile0001 at tc.umn.edu
Mon Nov 30 15:40:42 GMT 1998

Hello all,

We've just started using MS Visual C++, and have a problem that I believe
might be related to the samba server.

We're saving the workspace's on a UNIX server and accessing them as
shared files through samba.  But we're finding that everytime MSVisual C++
saves to disk, either automatically or intentionally, we get a response
that the file has changed on the disk.

I'm guessing that samba is reaching out and touching the file perodically?
If this is the case, is there anyway to disable this feature?  Or does
anyone have any idea as to what might be going on and how to fix this?

Thanks!

Andrew Miles

Minnesota Virtual Simulations   .... __o
http://www.mvsim.com/          .... -\<,
mile0001 at tc.umn.edu           ....(*)/(*)__