Dial in accounts

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Mon Nov 23 09:47:02 GMT 1998

Bill Eldridge <bill at rfa.org> wrote:
>> Now, some Win95s (my OSR2.1, for example :-) browse
>> without problems, but others with a supposedly similar
>> setup cannot browse.  Is the problem with older Win95
>> versions, or something entirely different ?  Note that
>> we are all dialing in to the same IBM-8235 router, so
>> everything ought to be the same, yet the Win95s seem to
>> behave differently.
>
> This may not be related, but make sure you have the latest
> drivers on problems like this - I've had old 3Com905
> original Windows drivers refuse to browse properly, and the
> new ones do fine.

This seems unrelated.  The Win95 PC connects to the network
via modem, and our SAMBA DMB is an IBM RS/6000.  And some
Win95 PCs work fine with this setup, while others don't.

> There might be something very significant
> that got updated in Win95 PPP-TCP/IP code in later service
> packs and releases.

Yup, I guess that is the question that I'm asking.  Does
anyone out there know ??

Ole Holm Nielsen
Department of Physics, Building 307
Technical University of Denmark, DK-2800 Lyngby, Denmark