Need help with 'Cannot find setup.exe Windows needs this file

Marco Schmidt schmidt at inf.ethz.ch
Mon Nov 16 09:48:44 GMT 1998

I have got the same Problems. They first arised after I switched from
default name mangling to another. Especially with upper and lower case
translation.

I don't know whats going on, but it seems, that windows chechs
for another name than the filename and samba is not able to find
the file  windows is searching for.

Perhaps someone could give the right parameters to solv the problem.
I would like names under Unix exact as I type them in the windows box,
but I don't care if samba opens the file "AbCDef" if windwos opens the
file with the name "abcDEF". Maybe this should be the default for samba!

|Marco Schmidt              Datenbank- & Systemadministrator|
|Institut fuer Informationssysteme                          |
|ETH Zentrum                             Tel: +41-1-632-7253|
|CH-8092 Zuerich                         Fax: +41-1-632-1172|
|Switzerland                             schmidt at inf.ethz.ch|