no updates seen on PC after unix changed (v2.0 alpha)

Peter Debus pdebus at turing.une.edu.au
Sat Nov 14 04:25:35 GMT 1998

See the "oplocks" option in the smb.conf man page. It allows
clients to "aggressively cache files locally", hence your
client is not seeing the updated file, just the locally cached
one.

Set "oplocks = false" in your smb.conf for the share where it's a
problem. Remember, there will be a performance penalty, so only
apply it to shares where its a problem, avoid setting it globally.

Peter Debus
Computer Systems Administrator
School of Mathematical Computer Sciences
University of New England
Armidale NSW
Australia

Ph: 61 (0)267 73 2412 Fax: 61 (0)267 73 3312