Paper trays & NT

Peter H. Koenig koenig at fak-cbg.tu-muenchen.de
Sun May 24 19:43:41 GMT 1998

Hi,

I'm having a problem connecting an NT workstation to a linux/samba-server
Samba works almost fine, we have been running  Samba in a WFW-network for
about one year now.

 Last week I installed a computer running NT 4.0 sp3. After some problems
in  the beginning (encrypted passwords etc.) which were quite easy to
solve  using the documentation, we're now having another minor problem:

 With Wfw I can select any paper tray on samba printers. On Windows NT,
the corresponding list boxes are greyed out. I suspect that using NT
server you have to set the preferences for paper selection only once on
and  all connected NT WKS use the same configuration. Well with samba I
have  no such possibility.

Does anybody know a solution to this problem. I supose this is an NT
problem rather than samba, but AFAIK it doesn' occur in a pure NT network.
Or hasn´t anybody had this problem yet and am I just goofed ?

Peter Koenig