Samba and Automounter

Mike Langas mlangas at planet8.tds-eagan.lmco.com
Thu May 14 16:24:43 GMT 1998

I'm using several NIS auto-mapped directories.  When smb clients try to
get access to these directories, nothing shows up.  This is because
these directories have not yet been mounted.

Is there a way to get unmounted file systems to show up on a samba
client.  I can understand why they don't show up.  Automounter does not
mount them until someone asks for them.  Unfortunately, I don't know of
a way for a Windows client to force a mount like this.  Is there a way
to get samba to use the NIS maps when displaying the contents of a
NIS auto-mapped directory structure?

Thanks,

Mike Langas