samba guest accounts

Ron Miller rmiller at geg.noaa.gov
Wed May 13 22:04:07 GMT 1998

I'm currently using samba-1.9.18p4 and trying to enable guest accounts.
On my compile line I've added

DGUEST_SESSSETUP=2

and in my smb.conf I have

        guest account = samba
        guest ok = yes

in my [global] section.  Still, when I am logged onto my Novell/Win95 PC,
if my Novell passwd doesn't equal my HPUX passwd, I get prompted for it on
the PC.  After perusing all the man and doc files, I can't see anything
else I'm doing wrong.  I'm not using smbpasswd, but it doesn't appear that
I need to since I have a valid account called 'samba' in my /etc/passwd
file.  Thanks for any help/insight you can provide.