Btrieve 6.15 for Windows on Samba

Ian Castle icastle at looksystems.co.uk
Tue May 12 09:17:42 GMT 1998

Does anyone have any experience of running Btrieve 6.15 for Windows 16 bit on Samba?

We are having problems with a third party application which is based on this Btrieve technology. The problems seem to be to do with locking when a number of users use the applications. The result is a Btrieve I/O error 2 and corrupted data. At the samba level there is little information to go on - with nothing of interest in the logs. The samba environment is 1.9.18p3 on Digital UNIX (OSF1) 3.2. op_locks have been turned off. Strict locking has not been enabled.

I was wondering if anyone had either successfully or unsuccessfully used this version?

Thanks in advance

Ian.