NT passowrd change problem

Jeremy Allison jallison at whistle.com
Mon Mar 30 22:21:16 GMT 1998

Thomas E. Knowles wrote:

> Still no dice.  Same exact problem as before.  What's odd is that I have access
> to 2 PDC's on two different physical subnets -- if I try changing my password to
> the 8 character one I want on the PDC on my own subnet, it works perfectly.
> It's only when I try changing my password on the PDC on the other subnet that I
> get this bizarre behavior.

Ok - are there any messages in the NT event log
of this PDC ?

As far as I can tell, Samba is sending the
correct password change packets to change
passwords on a PDC - so see if there are
any system policies that may screw things
up (does that NT PDC have a login restriction
for this user ?).

Cheers,

	Jeremy.