New clients commands ...

Roberto Joao Lopes Garcia roberto at mha.com.br
Mon Mar 23 14:24:04 GMT 1998

Hi

Here at MHA (where I work) we use SUN pcNFS to access the UNIX servers and we will move to SAMBA (I can explanin resons for who have interest on subject) but ours users are used to some commands that SAMBA does not have.

I am studing SAMBA code to find out if I can implement the clients commands we need but I wonder if there are some one who alread have it implemented or can point me some short way to do it.

Below is a list of clients command I'm planing to create:

chmode  -  UNIX style chmode to change the mode of files stored at SAMBA server.
login       -  UNIX style login to change the SAMBA user corrent connection (Not to change the WINDOWS user!)
umask    -  UNIX style umask to see or change dinamicaly the SAMBA file creation mask.
ls           -  UNIX style ls to list the files ant it's attributes  at SAMBA server.

Any help will be very apreciated!

Thank you.
Eng. Roberto Joao Lopes Garcia         E-mail: roberto at mha.com.br
F. 55 11 848 9906   FAX  55 11 848 9955

MHA Engenharia de Projetos Ltda
E-mail: mha at mha.com.br    WWW: http://www.mha.com.br

Av Maia Coelho Aguiar, 215 Bloco D     2 Andar
Centro Empresarial de Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo - BRASIL - 05805 000