Not all files updated

David Salton dsalton at nospam.raleigh.ibm.com
Mon Mar 23 02:38:26 GMT 1998

I have Samba 1.9.18p3 installed on an RS/6000, running AIX 4.2.1, with
Win95 clients. We have several Java programmers who "net use" to a Samba
drive from their Win95 PCs, and copy their source code to the server. When
they copy a whole directory (or directories), of source files onto the
Samba drive, they find that not all of the files are updated, yet they do
*not* receive any error messages back to their PC. The only way that they
can get around this problem is to delete the Samba files first, and then do
the copy.

I have scanned the Samba logs in /var, and there are no obvious error
messages that would account for the failed updates. Can anyone explain this?

Thanks,
David Salton
Regards,
David Salton
AIX Administrator, GCID/AE Project, IBM Global Services Australia
Building FA42, 55 Coonara Ave, West Pennant Hills, NSW 2120, Australia
Phone: 61-2-9354 7913  Fax: 61-2-9354 7766 Internet: dsalton at raleigh.ibm.com