samba and msoffice

Ben Kosse BKosse at thecreek.com
Fri Mar 20 17:13:58 GMT 1998

IIRC, this is a Office 97 issue. I recall an earlier discussion (not on
this list) where someone was trying to test Office 97. Unfortunately,
Office 97 tries to open an entire boat-load of files as Read/Write which
causes some substantial problems running it off the network.

Again, this is very old, hersey information, so I may be incorrect.