Connecting to NT from smbclient fails

Peter H. Lemieux phl at cyways.com
Wed Mar 18 15:02:18 GMT 1998

Michael Tibor wrote:

>>On Sun, 15 Mar 1998 Dominik Weis <weis at dom.hws.edu> wrote:

>> I have problems to connect from a Linux(Samba) computer to NT.

>Do you have other network client software installed on the NT machine?  I
>know for me, installing Novell Client 32 completely broke incoming
>NetBIOS over IP connections, resulting in the behavior you describe when
>I try to connect via my Linux box (yes, other Windows boxes are also
>unable to connect as well).

I'm running Client32 on my NTWS 4.0 and can see it with smbclient from a
Linux 2.0.33+Samba 1.9.17p4.

Peter

-----
Peter H. Lemieux, President                           mailto:phl at cyways.com
cyways, inc.                                          http://www.cyways.com
21 Westchester Road                                   Voice: (800) 5-cyways
Newton, Massachusetts 02158 USA                           +1 (617) 796-8995