Browsing, seeing all machines from Unix client

Steven Grunza steveng at formail.formation.com
Mon Mar 2 21:56:39 GMT 1998

Hello,
  I would like to list all SMB hosts on my network.  Under Windows 95, the
Network Neighborhood icon will provide this list.  Is there a similar
method on the unix side?  I can run smbclient -L host and see all the
available services but in order to get the name of the host, I need to use
a Windows 95 PC.

  We are investigating using samba as our Unix printing solution and the
ability to see who's on the network might prove to be a very usefull
diagnostic tool.
Thanks.

Steven G.

Steven Grunza