Samba computer account in NT domain?

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Sun Mar 1 12:56:30 GMT 1998

> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to set up a linux (RH5.0) samba server in our Windows NT
> network. In the smb.conf file there are: security=server and the TCP/IP
> number of our WINNS server. How can I create a computer account in the
> NT domain? Is there any way to specify a user with the ability to add
> the linux-samba-server in the NT domain in the smb.conf file?

You will need to use CVS to download the BRANCH_NTDOM source code in or
der to get the samba NT PDC support. See http://samba.anu.edu.au/cvs.html
for gneral cvs instrauctions.  Then read docs/NTDOMAIN.txt for
information.  YOu also might want to look into the samba-ntdom mailing
list for information directly related to Samba and NT Domains.

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )