DOS client - basic redirector

Philippe GUILLEMETTE philippe.guillemette at wavecom.fr
Thu Jun 4 21:18:54 GMT 1998

	Hello,

	As I mentionned in a previous mail, I cannot connect to Samba 1.9.18p7 using
a basic dos redirector and security set to user. I works with share security level or with
the full dos redirector which takes 90 k more precious memory ...

	I got a answer telling me that the dos basic redirector is a piece of ... because
it always encrypt the password, even if instructed to use plain text ... The solution could
be to try to decrypt it with key 0, which should always be used by basic redirector.

	I'm software developper but I don't know Samba enough to make it quickly and not
too ugly ... Can somebody give some help where to do so. Thanks in advance !

	I also joined a log of one test done with basic  and one done with full, and it really
seems that this is a password problem.

	Thanks for your help

	Philippe