Cache Problems!!!!! (PR#8584)

Jeremy Allison jallison at cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Mon Jul 27 16:25:03 GMT 1998

Charles Curley wrote:

> The problem that I'm having is that once a file has been opened from the
> share, changes made to that file via the WWW interface are not seen by
> the Win95 client, they still get the old file's contents.

Charles,

	If you are accessing data from both a Samba
share via Win32 and via a UNIX program the UNIX program
will see old data unless you turn off oplocks on the
particular Samba share.

To do this set

oplocks = no

in the parameter list for the sharename. This will
slow things down but will give you data consistancy
(at least until we get the oplocks integrated into
the Linux kernel - I have Linus's approval on this
we just need to unify the interface between the Linux
/FreeBSD/ Commercial UNIX folks).

Hope this helps,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.