Custom Print Command

Michael Tibor tibor at lib.uaa.alaska.edu
Fri Jul 10 00:19:26 GMT 1998

I'm trying to setup my public printers to do 4 pages per sheet, and am
having nothing but problems making it work.

The system is a Redhat 4.2 box running Samba 1.9.18p4, and the
printers are postscript capable HP 4000 and 8000 machines.

Using Redhat's printtool to set 4 page per sheet output works when
printing via lpr, but as soon as I print from a Win95 box through
samba, it's normal 1 page per sheet output.

According to the smb.conf man page, the print command is a normal
shell command.  Unfortunately lpr doesn't appear to have any multipage
capability.  However, mpage appears to do what I want, but I can't
seem to make it work.  Ie, the following doesn't work at all:

print command = mpage -4 -P %p %s

Thanks,
Mike
--
Mike Tibor         Univ. of Alaska Anchorage    (907) 786-1001 voice
LAN Technician     Consortium Library             (907) 786-6050 fax