folders with veto files not being deleted

Jonathan Peterson jon at amxstudios.com
Wed Jul 8 15:23:32 GMT 1998

Hi,

I am running the latest Samba (p8) on Solaris 2.6. The PC clients are
running win95 OSR2. I am using encrypted passwords.

I have some files vetoed:
veto files = /.rssrc/.desktop/
I'm not using 'hide dot files'.

If I have a folder with one file in, and that file is a vetoed file, I
cannot delete the folder. I have unix permissions to delete both. The
windows error message is:

Cannot remove folder Akzidenz: The file exists.

This is rather annoying. I have tried setting 'delete veto files' to true,
but it has no effect.

--------
Jon Peterson   jon at amxstudios.com   London, UK

Microsoft has a major year 2000 problem: Linux