Samba 1.9.18: Problem saving files

Rainer Hauck hauck at informatik.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Jan 13 16:54:20 GMT 1998

Hi,

I ran across the following problem:

After installing 1.9.18 saving files from Word 7.0 sometimes takes more
than a minute.

We've come across the problem with a file of about 130K. Normally it
takes a few seconds to save but after a few minutes without saving, an
attempt to save the file takes more than a minute. An immediate attempt
to save the file again only takes a few seconds, but after several
minutes ...

Installing 1.9.18p1 didn't help, so I went back to 1.9.17p4. Everything
works great there (talking about saving files)

Does anyone out there experience similar problems??

Thank you very much

Rainer Hauck

P.S.: We're using Samba on HP-UX 10.20 Workstations and we're running
Word on Wincenter 3.0.31
--
        _  _ _  _ _  _          RAINER HAUCK
        |\/| |\ | |\/|          Institut fuer Informatik / Dept. of CS
        |  | | \| |  |          Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich
     ======= TEAM =======       Oettingenstr. 67, 80538 Munich, Germany
Munich Network Management Team  Room D01,Phone +49-89-2178-2155,Fax-2262
Muenchner Netz-Management Team  email: hauck at informatik.uni-muenchen.de